COVID 19 Guidelines
In addition to the Safe Work Australia Guidelines for COVID-19, consider the following for the dance studio environment:
Queensland Dance and Performing Arts has COVID 19 guidelines.
- Keeping accurate roles for all classes and staff.
- Recommend that all staff, parents and teen students download the COVIDSafe app: www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app.
- Update contact details for all students and staff, with permission to pass these onto the authorities for the purposes of contact-tracing if needed.
- Where there is a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in your studio environment, contact the National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for further advice.
- Establish your procedure for notifying parents in the event of a confirmed case at the studio.
- Limit the number of people in the facility at any one time to comply with current state gathering limits Communicate this to parents. It is encouraged that parents drop and go.
- Communicate with staff, students and parents that social distancing must be maintained at all times. All studio spaces must meet social distancing occupancy requirements.
- Refrain from partner work, unless with members of the same household, and limit use of shared equipment such a barres, props, etc.
- Scheduling a 5 or 10 minute cross over time period between classes so students can leave the premises, before the next group comes in, to adhere to gathering limits and avoid crowding at check in points.
- Enforce social distancing in the waiting room and bathrooms, and limit access to staff room facilities.
Sanitation and Hygiene
- Regular cleaning and waste management protocols and communicate these clearly with staff, adhering to the “Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Principles” outlined by the Dept. of Health: www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/environmental-cleaning-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf
- Considering hot spots/high touchpoints like barres and door handles and create a cleaning schedule for them.
- Provide hand sanitizer to all students and teachers upon entry and exit.
- Encourage hand hygiene and ensure all bathrooms have adequate soap available. Download the “Good Hygiene is in your Hands” poster from the Department of Health and place on bathroom walls www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-print-ads-good-hygiene-is-in-your-hands
- Encourage students to bring their own water bottles from home.
Procedure for lock down and deep cleaning in the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case at your studio.
- Encourage all staff to undergo the free COVID-19 Infection Control Training from the Department of Health: www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-infection-control-training
General Health and Considerations
- Implement a health policy where no staff or student are to come to the studio if they have any COVID-19 like symptoms. If they are a suspected COVID-19 case, notify them that they must self-isolate and seek testing in accordance with state or territory guidelines.
- Staff or students at the studio experiencing symptoms compatible with COVID-19 should be isolated in an appropriate space with suitable supervision, and collected by a parent/carer as soon as possible.
- Consider requiring high-risk individuals, as defined by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee, to attain a medical clearance prior to returning to classes.